Guest on #OMHG Twitter Chat


There are a few handmade communities I really enjoy being a part of. Oh My Handmade Goodness is certainly one of them. Each Thursday between 1-2pm EST creative genius come together and talk about juicy crafty biz topics. (No invitation needed- just follow #omhg on Twitter) I'll be joining the chat today as a guest while we discuss collaborations and the possibility of starting up a #OMHG Etsy Team!

TrashN2Tees Collaboration with RedandMain
As you probably already know, I'm a big fan of collaborations.  I've had the opportunity to collaborate with a few talented artists who create in a variety of different medias. I really enjoy the challenge and fellowship of collaborations and wanted to share the all of the great benefits to boot.
  • more exposure and cross promotion: whether your collaborating with someone who has the same target market or not- by working together and cross promoting your getting your product and brand out there to new faces (and potential customers)
  • building relationships: I've been fortunate enough to build some strong personal friendships as a result of some of different collective efforts, these are people whom I go to for support and suggestions. 
  • challenge yourself: exchanging ideas, concepts, designs with someone else can help get you out of "design block" inspire your current project but I also think that you can learn a lot about your self and continue to grow as an artist.
  • networking: this kind of goes hand and hand with exposure and relationships- but you'll find that other people who admire your work may approach you about collaborating on a future project 
  • learn something: I'm a lover of all things handmade, and I am extremely curious and interested in the processes of others designs- collabs are a great way for you to learn the ins and outs of other arts.

trashn2tees/heartland dreams collab
Join us today for the #omhg twitter chat or just stop by the Oh My Handmade Goodness blog and read my guest post, Go Team Go! OMHG Teaming up on Etsy? Feel free to comment below and tell me what you think about artistic collaborations or share any experiences with Etsy teams- I always love hearing from you!

Comments

Popular Posts