Sew Like A Rock Star


I literally just walked in the door, hugged the kids, and plopped down in front of the computer. I couldn't wait to upload and share my experience this morning visiting the largest fabric store in the entire state of New Jersey. Yes, New Jersey isn't that big- but believe me the store was. I could've gotten lost in there! And hello!! the pile of remnant fabrics was the size of my living room and kitchen combined.



If you follow TrashN2Tees on Instgram you may have seen me post & promote BERNINA's SEWAPALOOZA events. What the heck is a uhhhh sew-a-pa-looooza anyway? It's an all day (or two day) event for sewing enthusiasts of all levels- we made some rad projects using machine techniques, serger/overlock, and embroidery designs. Complete with foam fingers!!! It was especially awesome to be on hand to help teach the serger project which I helped design- turning a tshirt into a backpack!


The sold out class even had a chance to sneak a peek at some of the upcoming book projects. We talked about different ways you can manipulate a tshirt, making and extending tshirt yarn, and I even showed them how to make some reusable produce bags from their t-shirt sleeves. I found a few kindred spirits here who jump headfirst into projects and love quick & dirty sewing as much as I do.

To find out if the Sewapalooza tour bus is making a stop in your hometown visit BERNINAUSA.com > What's New > In Store Events




Comments

Popular Posts