BERNINA University 2014



This past summer I traveled to Nashville, TN along with hundreds of BERNINA associates, dealers, and brand enthusiasts to take part in their annual dealer event: BERNINA UNIVERSITY. The event was held in the Opryland Resort, a spectacular space that includes secret gardens, waterfalls, eateries, boat rides, and was home to fanatical sewing enthusiasts for an entire week!
 

Are you wondering what happens at BERNINA University? I wish I could tell you but what happens at BU- stays at BU. Just kidding! BERNINA University is part convention, part class, and full on fun. With cocktails, fancy swag, and plenty of new products- it's an event you don't want to miss! While there I sat in on some sewing classes instructed by the most experienced and entertaining teachers, hung out with my industry friends, and taught 2 classes of my own!

 Getting there... well that was another story. I missed my flight- had to buy a second ticket, take a cab to Trenton, take the train to Newark, and catch another flight South. The whole ordeal cost me 15 hours in the airport and missing out on my first day of classes. But hey! I got there and that's what matters most.

Nashville is known for a few things- country music and BBQ are the first to come to mind. My son is a HUGE fan of the TV show American Pickers and their Nashville location along with the Johnny Cash Museum were on my list of places to see while in town. Unfortunately I didn't get to visit either, but discovered the World Famous Tootsie's Orchid Lounge. 
I'm lucky to be apart of this amazing family- and you better believe I'm already looking forward to next years event in Scottsdale, Arizona. Later this week I'm going to be sharing some of the techniques I taught on the Bernette Chicago 7 a combo embroidery/sewing machine- including how to turn washi tape into sewable fabric!




Comments

Popular Posts