DIY Diamond Rings


As you might already know, I just love planning and hosting creative themed parties- most often you see the results in form of boy birthdays. This past weekend however- we celebrated one of my best friends with a Love Wildly Bridal shower. As much fun as we had planning the party, building and designing the decorations, the games- we got stuck on. I hopped over to Kelly's blog Studio DIY to see if she had posted any fresh & funky fun from her own wedding... and that's when I saw them; DIY Giant Gem Rings. I was inspired to create my own version and today I'll teach you how to make them yourself!


You'll Need: 
1 1/2'' Acrylic Clear Diamonds (Vase filler, confetti I found mine at Hobby Lobby 36 for around $6)
Nail Polish
Black Craft Paint
Thin Paint Brush
Spray Protective Clear Coat
Ring Bases
E6000 Glue
Grinding Wheel or Dremel Tool

1. Using dremel or grinding tool remove 1/4'' to 1/2'' from base of diamond creating a flat surface that will later be used to mount the bling onto the base of the ring.

2. Paint 2 coats of nail polish onto the diamond. I chose to do the top faceted part and set it aside to dry and then come back and paint the bottom half.

3. Outline the diamond using a thin paint brush and craft paint. Allow to dry.

4.  Apply light layer of  E6000 to both the bottom of the diamond and the top of the ring base- let it set for 2 minutes. After the time has passed place the diamond onto the ring base at center. Allow it to dry completely before wearing.



Comments

Popular Posts