DIY Sewing Box: Machine Embroidery with Mylar


In the New Year, we all want to be a little more organized. Either that, or I hang out with a slew of disorganized folks. That's entirely possible! Whether you need to keep thread spools in check or want to create a great sewing box filled with your favorite tools and notions- I have the perfect tutorial for you.

Last month I contributed a blog post to BERNINA's We All Sew- utilizing machine embroidery on my B580 with an unexpected material. Mylar! In all honesty, the material I used wasn't even actually mylar but it was cello craft sheets I found online. The transparent color adds a special sparkle to lightly sketch style embroidery. There are also specially digitized embroidery designs for mylar as well. The design I used seen above is available from OESD.

How often do you use machine embroidery in your designs? Is it something you think you'd like to learn or try?




Comments

Popular Posts