Grainline Linden Sweatshirt



I promised to share my finished Linden Sweatshirt yesterday, if you stopped in and it wasn't up yet I do apologize. I was busy seam ripping! I'm here now and I'm excited to share with you my first selfish sewing finish of the year. Can you believe I almost made it through the entire month of January without even touching my sewing machines!?


It felt good to get back in it and this pattern from Grainline Studio was the perfect project. The most time consuming part of the whole project was tracing my pattern- because I don't cut the paper patterns just in case I want to make it a different size in the future. I used this speckled terry knit I had been hoarding for years. Yes, I said years. It was picked up as end cuts from a local factory but there wasn't enough so I complimented it with some knit I had and the striped knit I purchased at Pennington Quilts. Perhaps it's a designer knit- if so let me know and I'll update this post.


I constructed the entire thing using a 4 thread overlock on my BERNINA L450. I like to use wooly nylon in my loopers which I believe help to keep the seams less bulky and more comfortable to wear against my skin. The pattern itself is super easy to read and follow. Once I the pieces cut out and started constructing it- I swear it took an hour! I would absolutely recommend this pattern to anyone (and I mean anyone!) and you better believe there will be more Lindens in my closet soon. Maybe even today!

Have you ever made a Linden Sweatshirt yourself? If not would you consider adding it to your list?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts